To discuss with your primary care provider about whether Medication Management is right for you, feel free to print off our referral form. Your doctor can fax it to our office (888-965-5147) and we will follow up with you to schedule a consultation.
What is Medication Management?
Medication management covers a wide variety of client needs, from one-on-one consultations with our providers, to accompanying your medication needs with psychotherapy. By carefully monitoring your prescriptions, optimal results are achieved.
This includes ongoing medication review to ensure that you find the correct medications, dosage, and avoid any negative effects of prescribed medication.
We like to focus on the correct usage of medications, to avoid adverse side-effects and interactions with medications already being taken. This education process helps to eliminate any unwanted side effects and make sure medications are working right for you.
What Medication Management includes:
- Comprehensive reviews and assessments to find any possible interactions or side effects.
- Creating short-term and long-term plans and goals for your treatment plan.
- Closely monitoring the safety and efficiency of your medication plans.
- Continued education and instruction-based compliance.
- Thorough documentation to ensure and maintain a high standard of care among medical professionals.
- Medication Therapy Review (MTR): This includes patient-specific data collection that will help prescribers assess medication therapies that can help identify medication-specific problems in order to fix them.
- Personal Medication Record (PMR): Here we will help create a comprehensive list of all current and past medications. This also includes any herbal supplements, non-prescription medications, and dietary aids. All of this helps us be able to manage overall self-management to reduce the chances of unwanted side effects and drug interactions.
- Medication-Related Action Plan (MAP): These action plans will help keep track of your progress in achieving set goals.